Day 9 - Travelling to Seattle


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Seattle
July 24th 2009
Published: August 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Mum and Ah MahMum and Ah MahMum and Ah Mah

Ah Mah was showing me her Tai Chi balls to keep her hands strong and supple! Mum is washing the dishes in the back there.
Day 9 - Friday

Nothing too exciting. Still in Richmond. Just packing in the morning, grocery shopping at Save-On, and had some lunch with mum at the brisket restaurant in Richmond where Uncle Bin Soo had recommended.

4pm - took the bus to Seattle from the Vancouver Airport. We were a bit delayed at the border due to a couple of buses ahead of us in customs line.

9pm - Arrived into Seattle downtown and picked up by Uncle Howard. We had a late dinner in Chinatown and made our way back to their home in Renton. It was great to see Say Han Kor again and Christopher and Elizabeth. They're all doing well.

We would have to make an early start the next morning as Uncle Howard would be taking me to the Columbia Gorge Bluegrass Festival for the weekend. It was an unexpected surprise as I hadn't planned on attending anything until Virginia. It was a great find by Uncle Howard!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Arriving in SeattleArriving in Seattle
Arriving in Seattle

This is a photo from the bus. You can see the Seattle Space needle in the distance.
Uncle HowardUncle Howard
Uncle Howard

Great to see Uncle Howard again. It's been a couple of years since they were out in Australia for a visit.
Elizabeth and MarikoElizabeth and Mariko
Elizabeth and Mariko

Cousin Elizabeth and her friend showing me my room. Lizzy is in the final year of high school, but is on summer holidays now.


Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0578s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb