Seattle & Tacoma..... Reflections on City Life... Past & Present


Advertisement
North America » United States » Washington » Seattle
August 10th 2018
Published: August 11th 2018
Edit Blog Post

We thrive on a life of adventure and exploring new places. Our nursing profession allows us embrace our desire to move about the country and find jobs, which in turn supports this glorious habit. In 2000, we were living happily in Tampa, Florida when some undercurrents at work gave us the impression there might be some downsizing in the near future. As it turned out, that didn’t happen, but we a... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 45, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Our good friend ClydeOur good friend Clyde
Our good friend Clyde

Great seeing you again
Korrin & DickKorrin & Dick
Korrin & Dick

Good friends and old neighbors.
Dave & TeoDave & Teo
Dave & Teo

Reconnecting with friends.
Jenny, Merry Jo and RyanneJenny, Merry Jo and Ryanne
Jenny, Merry Jo and Ryanne

New friends and great supervisors
Nolen's swim meetNolen's swim meet
Nolen's swim meet

We enjoyed watching Janinne & Erick's son compete.
Famous BBQFamous BBQ
Famous BBQ

Pike's Place Market
Play ball!Play ball!
Play ball!

The joys of baseball.
Never enough lavenderNever enough lavender
Never enough lavender

Purple and White
Christmas at the ZooChristmas at the Zoo
Christmas at the Zoo

So many lights, so little time.
Famous RestaurantFamous Restaurant
Famous Restaurant

Elliot's on the Bay, Seattle
Tugboat in Commencement BayTugboat in Commencement Bay
Tugboat in Commencement Bay

Tacoma, Washington
Acres of TulipsAcres of Tulips
Acres of Tulips

Mt. Vernon, Washington
Narrows BridgeNarrows Bridge
Narrows Bridge

Tacoma, Washington.
Mt RainierMt Rainier
Mt Rainier

She always looks different each time you see her.
Deception PassDeception Pass
Deception Pass

Washington has so much beauty and hundreds of hikes.
Clam ChowderClam Chowder
Clam Chowder

The Athenian.... yum
Daffodils a plentyDaffodils a plenty
Daffodils a plenty

Such lovely colors



11th August 2018

Sleepless in Seattle
Indeed it has been my favourite movie from yesteryear. I didn't know you have moved to Seattle and Tacoma from Florida. You have been close to my heart always, now happy to have you both close to our home in Calgary. I love Seattle, been there a few times for many reasons,- business tours, en-route, layover...you name it. It's a lovely city, I love it. Nice narration Dave & MJ. And you have summarized it well...a place is always characterized by its people...my mantra...in your case they are your friends and friends are for ever. Enjoy your stay!
12th August 2018

Hello Tab,
We have not moved to Seattle permanently. We have lived here for the past few months for work. Our nursing work takes us around our country. We re still in Florida and happy. My job just finished. Dave will be there for another month.
11th August 2018

Hi Dave and Merry Jo,
Memories. Life is full of ‘em. And delightful Washington! But returning often disappoints. Best to keep them in your pocket and bring them out on special occasions! A nicely written piece, thank you for that. What is most important, is to enjoy the moment - two of them are never the same. Go - make some memories. They are not always the happiest ones, but part of life’s little jigsaw! David
12th August 2018

Enjoy the moment
Seattle wasn't so much a disappointment but a confirmation that we did the right thing for us in moving to Florida. It is a great and special city but not for us at this time. The memories and the friends are priceless. Thank you for following along.
11th August 2018

Spending time with you two is like coming home
It was a great coincidence that we were in Seattle at the same time. Maybe there's no such thing as coincidence. All of our dinners together and field trips to tulips and Deception pass. Recounting our shared adventures with the lost luggage in Italy and the earthquakes in Mandalay. Philosophizing about life and all it has to offer. You guys are great friends! Who knows where we'll meet up next :-)
12th August 2018

Hello Michael,
We love spending time with you and Seattle was special because it was so unexpected. We loved spending time with you and hopefully before long few ill be eating chocolate with you in Paris. Who knows where our paths will cross.
11th August 2018
Tulips a plenty

Summer!
Ah these happy summer colours made my (grey) day! And that red tulip made me smile :)
12th August 2018
Tulips a plenty

Summer in Seattle
This is an amazing city and the state of Washington has so many foods and hikes on offer.
11th August 2018

Amuse Bouche
What a fun read this was. I am taking it as an Amuse Bouche, the free appetizer sent from the kitchen before a grand dining experience. It has whetted my appetite for the gritty, wild Africa blogs I will soon be devouring. Thanks for writing such a nice blog of your time in WA.
12th August 2018

Amuse Bouche
Glad you enjoyed our blog and thank you for following along. Yes, soon... you'll be following us to Alaska. Seattle is an amazing city and Washington full of amazing experiences.
11th August 2018

hii :)
Hi D&MJ. Loved your honesty and learning about your moving situations. I loved visiting the Pacific North West when we went to Portland, and I also found the homelessness there overwhelming, and really sad to say the least. I hope you guys get to settle in to an area you both love. It's great that the medical field affords you the ability to pick and choose where to live!
12th August 2018

The Pacific North West
Washington and Oregon have endless things to offer. We have already made our home in a small town in Florida as we are water people. We are happy. We are glad we've experienced living in the Northwest and glad we went back for a few months to touch base with friends.
11th August 2018

Love the Cake but Makes Me Sad
I will miss the hugs but know we will always be friends. Glad you got to experience a nice Seattle summer.
12th August 2018

We will always be friends
It was great seeing you and Bill. Our friendship will never die. We miss you already. The cake, in my opinion was the best going away cake I've ever had. I loved it. I made some new friends at work and will miss them. I hope our paths cross again.
12th August 2018

Great to catch up with your 'journey' D & MJ
Its so good to go back .. but oh so nice to move on and find so many new experiences... ... ..
12th August 2018

Our journey
Thanks for following along with us. We love new experiences and we have some coming up.
14th August 2018

Been a While
Hi Dave and Merry Jo. - Glad you're still out there on travelblog.org. I sure miss my time on it as "Monique in Motion." Travelblog.org opened some doors for me for which I am very grateful. My husband and I are hoping to travel again soon. Keep up the good work!
14th August 2018

Yes, it has been a while.
Monique, thrilled to hear from you. We've been working a lot this year but we are getting ready to take some time off and will travel for several weeks starting in late September. There will be plenty of blogs in our future.... hopefully you won't tire of them. Wish you still wrote a blog or two on TB. We miss you. You had a lot of fans. Travel blog is a great community that connects. people, makes friends and opens other doors.
14th August 2018

Memories & More
Glad for you two that the revisit to the Seattle area was possible. Looks like you saw many wonderful things & spent time with special folks. The natural beauty appealed most to us and we’re thankful to have made the trip during your semi-permanent there.
14th August 2018

Memories & More
Claudia & Darren, we are glad you made it our for a visit all those years ago. It is a fast growing city now. There are endless things to do in the NW. Washington offers rugged beauty.
15th August 2018
Swedish Cherry Hill

Swedish Medical Center
Being Swedish I had to check this one out. The Swedish immigrants often ended up in Minnesota, Iowa and Illinois. Not many made it all the way to Washington State. But one of those who did, or more likely their ancestors, eventually founded Swedish Medical Center. /Ake
15th August 2018
Swedish Cherry Hill

Swedish Medical Center
Yes, the Seattle area has a few of Swedish decent. The hospital is one of the larger healthcare systems in the area. Thanks for following along.
20th August 2018
The Majestic Mt. Rainier

Seattle to....
Bet you'll remember this magnificent view. Counting the days to your African adventure...bet you can hardly wait.
20th August 2018
The Majestic Mt. Rainier

Seattle to....
We are getting giddy about the African safari.... It was good to visit Seattle again but as we said... a closed chapter.
25th August 2018

Forever Changing
It is indeed alway great to visit old stomping grounds. There are lots of emotions and fond memories for sure. This emotion is something we have been visiting recently. We all have attachments and favourite places, but moving on is always so good. Moving back somewhere - no matter how great is all too often a step backwards. Really nice writing. And Good for Florence - she's a rock! Dave
25th August 2018

Forever Changing
It was fantastic seeing our friends. Moving forward is always good ... it is all about timing. Florence is a ROCK! MJ
29th August 2018

Confirmation and Memories
It is wonderful to have a decision that you once made, confirmed as being the right decision. And what joy it must have been to visit your old stomping grounds again. Interesting and good observations that nothing stays the same, cities change and people change.
29th August 2018

Confirmation and memories
We enjoyed our re-connect with Seattle. We are happy with our life choices to move on.... yes, cities change and people change.
3rd October 2018

Better Late than Never!
Hey! Great to read about your experience in Seattle and see the pictures. I miss you!! We will be visiting Florida in April and perhaps you will be home....
3rd October 2018

Better late than never
When we get back I will call and get details about your trip to Florida. We will figure out how to see you!

Tot: 0.208s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 22; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1517s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb