beginning of rain forest explorations


Advertisement
Published: June 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

greeeetings and loving embraces from quinault lake resort!
first i would like to express my upmost gratitude to all of the kind folks who have offered me a place to camp and/or shelter and food on my trip thus far.
deb and tom-met deb at matlock market and offered me an uh-mazing river side space to camp on their land.
denise (sorry if i got that or spelled that wrong) and steve-accepted me as a complete stranger and opened their home to me and denise makes wonderful homemade cinnimon rolls a rival to my families fer sure. ; D
jon hawkins of the lake quinault resort- a wonderful wellness peaceful space with beautiful lake veiws. right down the road from the anicent forest and across the road from the 2nd largest tree in the world. on the north shore, if you come to this area ever this is the place to stay
http://www.lakequinault.com/

you are all such good people with wonderfully kind souls. may your warm open arms endure the creeping coldness of this countries more tipical social interactions. i wish you all the best.

sometime soon hopefully i will find the time and drive to upload pictures from my phone sharing this years adventures.

in the mean time, i am greatly enjoying this solo trip it is hard and greatly rewarding. this land couldn't be more beautiful, it is so good to be in a space that is less puncutated by our manipulation. not saying that i don't enjoy, utilize, and am grateful for the comforts we have, but rarely do i get to see places in which i can take a few steps away from a trail and forget completely that i am a part of it. imagining a time when if was only natives on the land. how we would use and not abuse what we are so blessed to be on. expressing respect and gratitude perhaps daily for such a providing and beautiful mother.

seeing as i am/have been contributing to a non-sustainable practices traveling via bicycle is one way for me to try to promote earth loving attitutes, as well as for me to keep traveling (but in a way that i can show my appreciation to our earth).

the reactions i get to who i am and what i am doing is damn entertaining.
i get some really good exclamations from folks when i tell them i am from kansas. it helps me laugh when the hills are killin my legs and arse.

i should talk some about the vipassuna retreat i did, i highly reccomend it to most people. especially if i mention it and your mind perks up at the information. but right now its getting dark and i want to move some more things and find a place to crash soon.

gettin a move on in the morn
headin to the coassst
gonna spend some time on the beaches, hopefully see some wildlife (whales maybe!?)
and spend time observing eco-systems i aint never been round til now

wishes of well and well wishes to all yall







Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.032s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0423s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb