Loomis Lake


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Ocean Park » Loomis Lake
September 18th 2007
Published: September 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

This day is about the men working at the Loomis Lake Camp. They’re working on finishing the interior of the only building at camp right now. It will be used for cooking and eating, as well as other inside activities. Right now they only the camp managers’ house, and a storage shed. Any campers that are there are in tents, or in RVs. Bob thinks they’ll be finished with most of it by Thursday. They need to get it cleaned on that day, because a 70th birthday party for the manager will be held in that building this Sunday. (unless it’s nice enough to have the party outside.)



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

LogsLogs
Logs

The trees are cut from the camp property.
SawmillSawmill
Sawmill

The camp bought a mill saw last year, and now cut their own lumber. (Reminds me of "The Waltons"!)
LumberLumber
Lumber

After it goes through the saw mill, it looks like this.
PlanerPlaner
Planer

The boards from the sawmill are planed on one side only. (These are two of the Dunes Camp staff.)
Table sawTable saw
Table saw

The planed boards are trimmed on both edges on the table saw. (Here Jess is cutting boards for the wainscoting. Jess is the Loomis Camp manager.)
Compound Miter SawCompound Miter Saw
Compound Miter Saw

Another saw used in the trimming. In the background you can see it on the wall. It is beautiful, and smells even better than it looks.
Nailing it upNailing it up
Nailing it up

And then this step! I'm not sure if Bob's tickled to see me, or if he thinks I need to find something else to do with my time!


21st September 2007

Yep!
He definitely seems to have that look on his face doesn't he? It's almost like reminding you that this is the MENS' domain, Woman!!
21st September 2007

:)
Is it even obvious to others?! (I think I've figured out how to respond to comments.....I think....)

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 36; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb