2011 China trip preview


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Mount Vernon
September 17th 2011
Published: September 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Planned China destinations for 2011 trip.Planned China destinations for 2011 trip.Planned China destinations for 2011 trip.

Click on the map to see our destinations circled.
This year's trip, our third time in China, will start with a few days in Beijing, then to Chongqing for the marriage celebration of our son, Jacob, and daughter-in-law, Lynn, then to southern Yunnan to see where Pu'er tea comes from and to visit the semi-tropical area close to the Burmese border, and finally back through Chongqing to Beijing and home. Our good friends Karen and Jim from San Juan Island will be travelling with us for their first visit to China and the first major expedition of their retirement years.

The initial few days in Beijing will be a test of our China savvy as we try to show Karen and Jim the sights without the benefit of Jacob as our guide and interpreter. The reception in Chongqing, with lots of Lynn's extended family members and friends, will certainly be a once-in-a-lifetime experience. We are also looking forward to the long train rides from Beijing to Chongqing and from there to Kunming, on the way to southern Yunnan province. Jacob will join us, from Chongqing on, so we will again have the benefit of his Chinese language skills and China travel experience.

The hope is that each of us: Kit, Kathy, Jim, Karen, and possibly Jacob and Lynn, will take turns at writing blog entries this year to reflect our different perspectives. We don't know yet the details of the adventures we will have, but we hope you will enjoy reading about them. Next post from Beijing on approximately September 25.

Kit



Advertisement



Tot: 0.167s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 23; qc: 93; dbt: 0.1101s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb