Houston We Have Touchdown...in Leavenworth


Advertisement
Published: March 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

LeavenworthLeavenworthLeavenworth

Stolen from their website, a pic of the Bavarian Style downtown covered in snow
While not quite the moon, or Alaska even, the city of Leavenworth will be my home for the next month! I found a grad student / accountant on craigslist who had an extra room to rent pretty cheap, and also just a few hundred yards from where my guide training company, Blue Sky Outiftters, puts there boats in the water for the rest of my guide training.

Also, the view from my room is an absolutely breath taking view of Wedge Mountain. This crappy picture does it no justice, but there ye go.

Unlike western Washington such as Seattle that sits in the coastal rains and such, Leavenworth is on the east side of the Cascades, and gets 300 days of sunshine a year! The city of Leavenworth is a big tourist attraction - the whole village is all done in the style of a Bavarian village, and there are nine different wine tasting rooms on the main street of the town. Beyond the wine tasting rooms, there are tons of eateries, biergartens, and touristy shops and sweets factories. Overall, a neat little town to call home for a month.

Hooray.

Now if only it was a
Wedge MountainWedge MountainWedge Mountain

View from my new bedroom of wedge mountain
good month for tourism, I would have an easy time finding a job for five weeks!




Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb