Welcome Dinner 2010


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Burlington
March 27th 2010
Published: March 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Gabe Gabe Gabe

Impossible to describe!
So far so good! The Edison- Hamburg Exchange is rolling right along! The students of Edison who are participating in the exchange celebrated the beginning of Spring Break with a warm welcome dinner for our German guests. Everyone arrived at the Gischer household around six. By everyone, I mean about 100 people! It was reminiscent of the farewell dinner two years ago in Hamburg. The students laughing raucously downstairs and crowding the basketball court in the cul-de-sac outside while adults conversed comfortably upstairs. A delicious dinner was prepared by our gracious host Carianna which everyone enjoyed!

During the evening the students autographed each other's shirts. The downstairs became a tangled mass of perpetual motion as everyone hurried to gather signatures. After this was sufficiently completed, we moved on to hand out the welcome bags that the students put together to help welcome our guests.

It was a phenomenal evening with wonderful company, loquacious conversation and a brilliant hostess!

Over the course of this first week, the German Students have toured Crystal Springs water, United General Hospital, and Burlington- Edison High School. Today most students ventured to the friendly confines of Cascade Mall for a movie and some shopping prior to the Welcome Dinner.

Saturday will be a free day for everyone to do what they want. Some will travel to Seattle to visit Woodland Park Zoo. Others have plans to visit the Tulips here in the valley. Sunday we will meet for a tour of the Mount Vernon Police Station. I look forward to whatever Chris Cammock has cooked up for that visit! Then it will be off to Midnight Bowling at Riverside Lanes.

Some will depart soon for Spring Break trips. Seaside, Oregon, Lake Chelan and Canada are all on the docket for members of our group.

It has been great to see the arguments taking place! Perhaps I should clarify… Arguments are raging as to who has the best German guest! It’s been fun to see things going so well with our hosts and guests thus far!

Thanks go again to the Gischer Family for taking on the immense task of hosting the Welcome Dinner! You all did a superb job!

More updates will follow soon!



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



28th March 2010

Too fun!
Everyone had a blast!

Tot: 0.328s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 58; dbt: 0.1046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb