Lone Tree


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Anacortes
September 13th 2017
Published: September 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

blog 09-13-17 Mt Vernon

Well we had to do it, yes wash and cleaning. Ginnie had 2 loads in the washer before I was out of bed. Just when we thought all the wash would be done a maintanence man came into the laundry and said didn't you see this sign, the laundry is closed Sept 13th to fix a water line break. Well no, we didn't see it so at least that last load for Ginnie got finished. It was the early bird in this case.

So we relaxed around the campground for the afternoon and ended up going to see the Lone Tree. It is a Douglas Fir that is very meaningful to the Native Americans here, it is a guiding tool to come into this channel. The tree was damaged in a storm in 2015 and is in declining health. The Native people are doing all they can to help it and are saving it's seeds and starting new trees from them.

The water here is constantly moving in or out and there is always some kind of wildlife going with it. I thought I saw an otter but was unable to get a photo of it. There are kelp beds and sea weeds of all sorts just below the surface. There were different shore birds with the sea gulls and I will look them up when we get internet service. They are black birds with long orange/red beaks and legs.

Later this afternoon we went to Mt Vernon, about 25 min south of here to find a Walmart and Petsmart. The Walmart was easy but the Petsmart was hiding and even with phone directions it took about 10 min to find. But we did and got everything on the list and home we went.

I am glad I can finally publish the last few days blogs. We had no cell reception so it was very difficult to get these out. Yes, we are still alive.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.33s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 17; qc: 94; dbt: 0.2127s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb