Day-26 Portland to Aberdeen


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Aberdeen
August 1st 2010
Published: August 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today was going to be our last in Portland before we headed towards Seattle so we got up and had brekkie and pack the bags while the girls watch a DVD. We soon headed off to the Portland Rose Gardens which was not too far from home. When we got there we were blown away by how much different rose variety’s we saw. Jake read some info and there were over Eight thousand roses there. We took a few photos and walked around smelling the different flowers and it was huge.

The gardens were well looked after and there was only one full time Gardner.
We soon headed back to the car and went down the road to the park for the girls to have a play. The girls had a nice time in the park before we headed home. We didn’t stay for long as it was past 12 pm so we said our goodbyes to Jake and Jen and the kiddies and thanked Margret (Jens mum) for having us. We headed out of Portland and over the border into Washington State.

We were heading towards Aberdeen which is about 1 hour out of Seattle. The drive was to take about 3 hours but instead it took about 5 ½ due to a huge crash on the highway. So we were not happy by the end of the day. Abby had booked a motel in Aberdeen so we got there at about 7 pm and we bugged.
The girls got showered and ready for bed and I went down to good old KFC to get some food.
After dinner we got the kiddies off to bed and hit the sack as it had been a long afternoon on the road.



Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



1st August 2010

Lovely to see you all together in Portland. How long before Rob and Karen will be joining you?

Tot: 0.205s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1568s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb