Washington day 3


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia
August 1st 2016
Published: August 1st 2016
Edit Blog Post

The saga of the trains continue, even the metro trains don,t run on time, although it was due to a derailment. (Come back Mussolini, all is forgiven) We don,t have any confidence in the transport system but it's actually quite funny now. We are managing to get where we want to go we just avoid time dependant transfers.

Went to air and space museum, exhibits include the original capsules for the Gemini and friendship space flight and the Apollo return capsule. (See photo) Also X2 and X15. The whole place was like a temple to atheism. Everything was about science and endeavour. Terry wanted to buy a NASA onesy (the white astronaut suit) but they only had them in childrens size. (I would have thought that they would have had more imagination) we are still amazed that all these museums and galleries are free to enter.

We went back the the national gallery to attempt to digest more but it's almost overload. Also stumbled into a contemporary gallery which had some Francis Bacon and Giocometti Amongst contemporary works.

We have even been to a Wallmart. Australian wine for $2:95 (same wine about $15NZ)

As you can guess Terry has written the above- I would even know what a x2 was. It was very interesting though a real transit of time Amazing to think how short a time from first flight to space. Very relieved the onesies were in child sizes only!! Galleries are amazing may end up back at the national gallery again today but aiming to get to the National museum of women in the arts and the Phillips collection today.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0531s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb