Pizza


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia
May 25th 2009
Published: June 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

So I, Robert, have decided to write a little in the blob as well as Ian. In some ways, I was completely against it, but the trip so far has been unique enough for me to want to capture it before it's lost.

We traveled to Krishna's with her promise of a home cooked meal in the forefront of our minds. The stop by in Shenandoah National Park took hours longer than expected and we were hungry. Two hours from Virginia Tech she calls and tells us her place is a mess, she is unable to cook for us.

We decided to try to score a little food. We picked the first exit we came to and drove down the street. Wendys, McDonalds, Taco Bell. "Pizza," Ian said. "Yea, I guess we could try to find a pizza place if you want." "No," Ian said, and pointed. Behind all the flashing signs, removed from any major street, hundreds of yards away, on a hill in the distance, was a large building, and at the top left corner of that building was a small white sign with the word "PIZZA" written in red letters. "Alright," I said, "Let's do it."

We gathered up our nerves, put blankets over the food in the back of our car, and walked into the restaurant. A man walked up to us immediately, "Are you guys trying to eat?""Well, maybe," I said, "we're heading up to Canada and are low on funds, we were wondering if you could give us anything for free." "Well, we have some deals going on, if you want to take a seat." "Well..." "Alright," he paused for a second, "we have a pizza over there that's been sitting out for twenty minutes, it's a little black on the bottom, I'll give it to you guys for three bucks." "Deal." He warmed up the pizza for us a we took a seat. A large pizza, with two slices missing, for three bucks, and it tasted delicious, and a little like reheated pizza, but still delicious.

The actual check was 3.27. We left a 23 cent tip and went our merry way.

Oh, and Krishna's kitchen was absolutely spotless.

Advertisement



3rd June 2009

Sweet!
What a good looking dog! Drive safely!

Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0342s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb