New Truck


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia
November 12th 2008
Published: November 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Rich took the truck to the diesel mechanic for evaluation. Meanwhile, Nancy and Daisy went for a hike in the woods by the campground. She wondered, "How did native people sneak up any game in the fall when the leaves are so crisp and noisy? Maybe they stayed still and waited for the game. We heard deer in the leaves a quarter mile away!" On the hike, Nancy hooked her toe on a root, hidden under the leaves, and took a tumble. A few bruises, and feeling out of whack, but really fine. Daisy was very solicitous. Good thing Nancy takes Citrical for strong bones! Here's the result of the truck's evaluation. It needs a small part that can't be bought without a large part (the turbo) that takes three days to arrive and will cost about $3000 to install. SO, we went to look at new trucks! Oh, boy, are the sharks hungry! They are having a hard time selling cars, much less pickups. We found an amazing deal on a new 2008 Chevrolet 4x4 diesel and they gave us $3500 on our well-used truck with 260,000 miles on it! The actual sale was low-key and rather pleasant.
We'll go back tomorrow to set up the financing, etc. when we can call our credit union in Reno. Diesel is down to $2.85 and regular is down to $1.95!
We spent the evening taking SACKS of belongings and junk out of the old pickup and sorting through it.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.282s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1644s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb