Hysterical Journey to Historic Places


Advertisement
Published: May 26th 2013
Edit Blog Post

<strong style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">COMING HOME



<strong style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">Day 27: May 25, 2013



It wasn’t very good, of course, but I had a rather extensive breakfast at the greatly overpriced Holiday Express in Wytheville, VA. I left the room with all of the lights turned on, the TV set blasting away, and the thermostat set as low it would go; making sure to check out at the front desk so that there would no confusion about a stayover. I did not clear my dirty dishes from the breakfast table. That is a job that the silly-assed manager with the glass earrings could be doing instead of looking at himself in the mirror as an object of great beauty. He seems to have missed the point that he is not running the Waldorf Astoria; it will never be anything more than a classless Holiday Express in Far Podunk, Virginia.



I settled in for the evening at the Howard Johnstein’s in Jackson, TN after purchasing a bottle of Popcorn Sutton’s fine Tennessee moonshine. I found it in the same little town where Al Gore is from. When he was Vice President of the United States Al Gore gave us the information superhighway. His dad was the Tennessee Senator who introduced the bill during the Eisenhower Administration that gave us the interstate highway system. Every interstate highway going into or leaving the State of Tennessee is named for Al’s dad. Popcorn’s moonshine does not cause blindness but it would be improved by a period of residence in a scorched oaken cask. It needs a little charcoal perfection. When this year’s crop of ripe cherries comes on sale in the Tucson grocery stores I will leach some cherries in the moonshine. It will certainly be an improvement, and what the heck; it might even be good.



I had supper at Genghis Grill. They were running their griddle a few degrees too hot. Some the ingredients in my Mongolian BBQ got a little scorched. It is what is to be expected when Tennessee hillbillies are allowed near a fire.



No photos taken.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 13; qc: 35; dbt: 0.0537s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb