The Colonies


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia » Williamsburg
February 3rd 2009
Published: February 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Governor's PalaceGovernor's PalaceGovernor's Palace

This is the home of the Commonwealth's first governor.
So I arrived in Williamsburg and checked into my timeshare. I am staying at the Wyndham Kingsgate. My unit has two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a pullout couch, a dining room, and a kitchen, as well as a washer and dryer. I love it. The facility has both an outdoor and indoor heated pool, an outdoor hot tub, a fitness center, a restaurant, and an arcade with unlimited play. It's near a KMart as well, which is convenient.

Wyndham has three properties in the area. Governor's Green is the big, new one. Besides Kingsgate, there is also Patriot's Place. I have access to any of them and most of the activities like bingo and such are at Governor's Green.

I visited Colonial Williamsburg. The recreation desk sells discounted two day passes, but I opted just to go for free. It means you can't go into some of the buildings, but it's okay. I walked around, spoke to some of the people dressed up, and took pictures. They have a ghost tour every night, if you're into that sort of thing. I also walked into some of the shops on Merchant's Square. They have free wireless and some pricey restaurants. It's
StoreStoreStore

One of the stores that is always open. They sell everything from china to toys.
near the College of William and Mary so there are some less pricey choices too.

In the colonial section, many roads are closed to foot traffic. There are plenty of free public parking lots within walking distance though they usually have a two hour limit. No one checks them though, and there aren't meters. I used the large one at the William and Mary bookstore.

The rest of Williamsburg is interesting as well. The Great Wolf Lodge is a neat place to visit. It has an indoor waterpark and is wonderful to look at from an architectural standpoint. There's a great barbecue place on Rochambeu Rd. It's North Carolina style BBQ though. For the shopping afficionados, check out the outlet mall.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.11s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb