traveling on


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia » Reston
April 10th 2013
Published: April 10th 2013
Edit Blog Post

hello friends, blogging away. meeting friends again. like the man with no shirt when i was walking the dog Sasha around the block who tells me she would make a great coon hunting dog. though he warned me that they should not go in the water when hunting a coon because the coon can swim with just 2 limbs (like wading i guess) and climb on the dogs back to slit its throat. wow! look out.

i met another of Mathew's neighbor as well. nice lady who has lived here since 1968. she said there was nothing here then. but along came a Hardee's restaurant and her whole world changed! it has been uphill ever since. lots of things here now and everything she needs.

beautiful day today. again. sun is shining and the birds are twirping. i am continuing on today. going to see my aunt and uncle, i believe. they are family from my step dads side. in Arlington, they live.

i had a great time with Rachelle and Aaron and Henry yesterday. I babysat the almost one year old Henry. he did well. only cried once or twice and not for long. he loves his momma who is there almost all the time with him. except for yesterday when she had to get her car fixed. i stepped in and must have been his first, non-blood related, baby sister. he woke up seeing me and seemed a little confused. we worked it out though. i showed him that the oranges i was feeding him were OK by eating some of them myself and rubbing my belly saying, mmmmmm. we also ate some apple and broccolli. good stuff.

later when the husband Aaron came home we all went to Houlihans, an Irish American restaurant. nice place. we ate on the patio and talked about this that and the other. Aaron works for the 2nd largest not for profit. he does genetic research. the company is called Janelia Farm research located in Ashton. i think he likes it there. he studies flies and their vision and any kind of genetic anomaly within the eye and such. Rachelle is an Art teacher, or was, but is still looking to teach a class at an art store, AC Moore. Good luck with that! Henry is lovely. not talking too much but starting to walk a little and he is an excellent crawler for sure. he showed me his book collection and how much he likes to eat!! thank you Aaron and Rachelle.

Thank you Matt. i have enjoied my stay. you seem very into your work as well designing computer software and making things more efficient. keep it up.



what else? i rescued a hula hoop from a tree this morning. it took many attempts but i finally got it down using a rope and stick. a child saw all this and screamed with delight that HE GOT IT DOWN. so i gave it to him to give to its rightful owner. i miss my hoop. but it was fun to get it down and hoop with it a bit.





just passing through



just passing through, the passing traveler

in one moment and out the next

in one life and out the next

enjoing each with as much muchness as i care to create

creating and dissolving

meeting and greeting

thinking of friends and Martha

family and future, past, present

all intertwined

thinking of fire and unbecoming

and choices

and their waves of influence

changing the world with minute ripple of change

one choice at a time

being in the right place at the right time

asking only this

and peace

of course

and light

and shining it and being the light

heaven on earth here and now

work to be done

yet

traveling on, just passing through

love to you all

and when all is said and done

who are you?

Advertisement



Tot: 0.211s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0762s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb