Premature Journey


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia » Norfolk
January 11th 2006
Published: January 11th 2006
Edit Blog Post

This wasn't a journey I was ready to take yet. This isn't a journey we are ready to take yet. But here we are, both of us trying to find our brave faces. "What's the best case scenario?" I ask.

0228 hours, & a nurse is waking Miss Butler on the couch,

“Miss Butler? Miss Butler? Miss Butler…Miss Butler, she’s doing fine, she just ate and I laid her down. Now you really should go home and get some sleep.”

“No, no, I’ll wait until the morning & get some sleep then.”

“Well you need to take care of yourself. You need to keep your strength up so you’ll be able to pump.”

“I’ll be OK.”


And there’s the worst care scenario: our baby is sliced out of the womb tonight and we spend our nights sleeping in the waiting room.

We’re three months shy of our due date, but Jennifer is contracting, and she’s been transferred to a hospital with a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. If the contractions don’t stop, our first child will be born premature. If they do stop, Jenn’s got three months of bed rest to look forward to.

It’s not the journey that we had envisioned.

But it’s the journey we’ve been set upon, and we’ll make the best of it, God willing.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



11th January 2006

Scary and sad
I'm so sorry this is happening. I will hold all three of you in the Light and wait in faith for an update.
16th January 2006

faith
best of luck...keep up the faith!
20th January 2006

God bless you and and baby

Tot: 0.181s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0842s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb