i spotted a werewolf


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia » Lynchburg
June 18th 2013
Published: June 18th 2013
Edit Blog Post

i spotted a werewolf.

i spotted a werewolf.

it was just dusk on a dreary evening and the air was dead still but sticky from the days heat and afternoon shower.

i was walking East towards home on a sidewalk id traveled many a times. it was a bumpy section of concrete pathway, the kind you get when century old oak trees heave their roots upward. there was a dilapidated rock-wall on my left that lead to an overgrown yard with knee high grass and shrubs hiding the windows of the moldy white house. there was a dim light on in the upstairs window and a shadow passed. i thought it odd because id never seen a car in the driveway or any signs of someone living there but i turned my gaze back in front of me and carried on.

cars passed slowly and eased through the stop signs. up ahead i saw a shadow of a man walking towards me but he soon disappeared into the darker shadow of the overhanging oak tree. on the opposite side of the street there were three rowdy teens skateboarding. aside from the shadow in window of the house id never seen anyone at - it was a usual walk home.

the shadow of the man appeared again under the yellow glow of the street light then faded away again in the dark shadow of the trees. the three boys had stopped far up the road and i could see the glow and puffs from their adolescent cigarettes.

both walking at a brisk pace like we had somewhere to be the silhouette of the man was getting closer. we both were in and out of the dark shadows of the trees and it was difficult to get a good glimpse of the person in front of me. under the next street light i could better see him - he was a tall thick man with broad muscular shoulders - he wore a red plaid shirt that was tucked into snug bluejeans and black Converse shoes. he had a big round head and a flat nose, his brown hair was thick and bushy and he wore a heavy unmaintained beard. he disappeared again into the shadow of the next oak tree. i still had the remaining section of rock wall on my left and massive trees on my right and the jagged crumbling sidewalk made it hard to focus too far ahead. the distant teens were gone and i had determined i would likely pass this creature of a man the next time we both emerged from the shadows of the trees. i emerged first and he soon followed, we both had a downward gaze with upward eyes locked on eachother. i got a better glimpse of him this time and it was more than a beard, it seemed to creep up as high as his cheek bones, his eyebrows were overly bushy and his ears were tall and thin. we were within five feet and his cat like eyes were locked on me and mine on him, they seemed to glow an erie bluish-green with a dark slitted pupil. as we passed i gave him a courtesy nod, i didnt know what else to do, he returned my nod and with a slight grin that revealed K9's hanging over his lower lip. i got a lump in my throat and a quiver of adrenaline but i didnt feel threatened. we were past and both continued walking. i took a quick turn over my shoulder only to see him disappear into the shadow of the tree i had just come from. "what the hell was that," i thought to myself.

i had spotted a werewolf.

i had spotted a werewolf.







JP

Advertisement



18th June 2013

Good stuff. Me thinks you've been in that tent too long!
18th June 2013

What ???
What's going on in them there woods in the mountains, funny smoke or what ?

Tot: 0.156s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0601s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb