Trip Synopsis


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia » Lynchburg
June 22nd 2011
Published: June 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Around the US

Here is a rough sketch of our route for the trip. It is not exact, but it will give you an idea of where we are going!

Phil&SarahPhil&SarahPhil&Sarah

This is us!
00
DAYS 
00
HOURS 
00
MINS 
00
SECS

- Leaving!!!




We are about one week away from our departure date for our "crazy around the United States in 3 weeks roadtrip." This post is just to let you let you know a little bit about our trip beforehand and some of our plans and also to introduce ourselves!

Our names are Sarah and Philip Leineweber and we are currently living in Lynchburg, VA. We have been married one year this past June 5th! Sarah works with PreK at an elementary school and I am working my way through a Master of Divinity in seminary . We both hope to serve the Lord in full-time ministry somewhere around the globe in the future!

On our roadtrip, we will be driving through VA, TN, IL, MO, KS, CO, NM, UT, AZ, CA, NV, ID, WY, SD, IA, NE, IN, OH, KY, WV.

Our main stops will include Knoxville, Nashville, St. Louis, Kansas City, Colorado Springs, Mesa Verde National Park, Four Corners, Grand Canyon NP, San Diego (on July 4th), Hollywood, Sequoia NP, Yosemite NP, Salt Lake City, Yellowstone NP, Mt. Rushmore Memorial, Badlands NP, Des Moines (with our Fox cousins), near Cincinnati (with our Leineweber
WeddingWeddingWedding

From our Wedding one year ago!
siblings), and then Elkins WV (with Mom, Dad, and Shirley Fox)! We will be staying at each of these destinations for varying lengths (from just a lunch stop to 3 days), but the entire trip will take around three weeks.

We plan to camp in most of the National Parks and stay in some cheaper hotels on the rest of the nights. The one exception will be in San Diego on July 4th where we will be staying at the Manchester Grand Hyatt. We reserved a corner king with a bay view, so hopefully we will have a great time watching the fire works!

We plan to take a lot of pictures throughout the trip, as you can imagine. We will be shooting with Sarah's new Canon Powershot SX30IS. With its 35x optical zoom we are hoping to get some great shots of animals and scenery. We hope to put together a coffee table photo-book after our trip to help us remember all the fun experiences.

To pass the time on some of the long drives we have a few audio books, some learning Spanish CDs, and a book or two we would like to read to
Canon Powershot SX30ISCanon Powershot SX30ISCanon Powershot SX30IS

Our Camera for the Trip
one another. In addition, we are sure we will have a plethora of conversations and games that will make time fly by!

We ask for your prayers for our safety, memorable romantic moments, and some chances to share the gospel and the love of Christ with people we may encounter.

We will do our best to update this blog as frequently as possible during our trip; we welcome your comments, questions, and reads. Happy Trails!



Advertisement



22nd June 2011

Praying for you!
Thanks for the trip info! We will watch it and pray for you daily!
22nd June 2011

Wonderful!
This is very good and exciting. I look forward to reading the entries,seeing photos, and of course seeing you when you get here. :) Thank you for sharing this with us. God bless you as you prepare and travel. Love you both!!

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb