Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia » Hampton
April 13th 2006
Published: April 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Out Our WindowOut Our WindowOut Our Window

Here is the view from our RV window when camping at the parking lot on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel.
Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel Hampton area of Virginia

Possibly because of light traffic, we “dry camped” at the south parking lot of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel. We want to make the crossing in the morning when we are fresh as this has been a long day - over 350 miles. Camping and overnight parking isn’t normally an option at the south end, but we prevailed on a nice security officer (the area has 24 hour security and is lighted) and got the thumbs up to stay the night. We “cooked” a wonderful sunset and dinner (hot dogs and a black bean salad) at our parking spot near the pier - our RV table window was so close to the bay as to make it seem like we were looking out a cruise ship window. We have full internet and phone service. I was sort of kidding when I said we should double lock against pirates - but then this is where they roamed. To check out the tunnel bridge - which is among the seven engineering wonders of the modern world click on to www.cbbt.com. In the morning we had a great breakfast on the wharf at the Sea Gull Café and continued on over / under the Chesapeake.


Advertisement



22nd April 2006

Gorgeous!
Looks like you're on a CRUISE!! thanks for letting me live vicariously through your travels!

Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0262s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb