Visitors on the way


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia » Deltaville
November 22nd 2012
Published: November 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

We have not written in a while, we have been busy taking all the tape off the boat, sealing windows and toe rails, putting back the anchor and chain, and most importantly running the tube for our waste tank. We finished it today, (day 3 of the project) after cutting holes through bulkheads and cutting up floors and bunks to pass it through. We will tackle the tank itself on the weekend with a little help from our guests.. my parents. They should arrive Friday around noon. We will work but of course we will also spend some relaxing time together, and we will be able to do that in a wonderful beach cottage that was offered to us by newfound local friends. It is an absolutely beautiful place right on the beach, it will be nice to actually spend some time there during the day. We stay there at night and have dinners there since we have still not figured out our stove here on the boat, but we leave in the morning to get some work done so we don't get to enjoy the place in daylight hours.

Tonight we have Thanksgiving potluck dinner with Peter and Raewyn on Saliander, a 55 ft Tayana. I think there are 6 other people invited as well. I am not sure if there will be any Americans, but Canada, New Zealand, England, Germany and Sweden I think will be represented! It will be a great night, and we will meet some new people.

Time to go, just wanted to check in because we have not given news for a while, and we might not write for a few days while my parents are here with us. I will leave you with some pictures of the cottage, and a picture of Caribee without the tape

Lori


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0514s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb