Are We Really About to Do This?!?


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia » Arlington
July 18th 2013
Published: July 18th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

First Leg - Arlington to Denver

We leave Arlington Friday 7/19 in the morning, and are scheduled to arrive in Denver on Monday 7/22 by noon. Overnight stops in Lexington, KY; St. Louis, MO and Russell, KS.

Our RouteOur RouteOur Route

Arlington to Denver thru Western Loop to Denver to Arlington - 7163 miles, roughly
Well, t-minus 34 hours (roughly) and counting. Todd is in full vacation mode, having finished his last day of work today. Marcia is scrambling to get as much work done in the next 34 hours as humanly possible so as to not be bogged down with getting a start-up off the ground while on this monumental vacation! The kids are squeezing every last minute of video game and TV time as they can and asking how big the stuffed animals they want to bring can be. A sprint to the finish line, to be sure.

Todd posted our route (see map picture) on a wall map for the kids to see. Over 7,000 miles in 28 days. Yikes. Two huge loops traversing almost coast to coast. Feeling excited and trepidatious all at the same time. But know this will be a trip to remember in countless ways, and for that we are both eager and incredibly grateful.

Hope you'll enjoy "traveling" with us virtually. The car is cleaned and prepped, the new duffle bags (in 5 colors, no less) have arrived, and the kids have picked out their myriad DVDs. Lists, lists and more lists - pack for RV, pack for minivan, pack for overnight stays, pack for sanity, buy at Walmart - there are Walmarts in Wyoming, right? Seriously, though, can't wait to share our adventure with you.

Advertisement



18th July 2013

Blessings!
Thrilled to see that I added to the excitement with the "Box!" May these days only be filled with riches of family sharing and special love - discoveries of mind stretching knowledge - energy of youth - and immeasurable parental patience! Thinking of you all with love, love! Grandma !
18th July 2013

Thank you for creating this site. Feel like we are traveling with you (even though, mercifully enough, only virtually :-)). And, yes, somewhat sadly, there are Walmarts everywhere!
18th July 2013
Our Route

Blessings on your journey!
May God bless you and keep you (safe, sane and skunk free). My dad and step-mom took my sister and me on a similar journey from Louisville to San Francisco and back. We 4 slept in a pup tent. KOA campgrounds were each an oasis. Lots and lots of love to you all!

Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0243s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb