You can't always be lucky!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia » Arlington
January 8th 2010
Published: January 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

New day, new game! First look out of the window onto a very white world. It had snowed over night, a massive blizzard had just swept over us. We got up and ready in a slightly anxious mood, not knowing what to expect today. Plan: tip “New Orleans” in the Nüvi and see how far we get.

We ate what we'd bought last evening: Rice Crispies and Kellogs Cornflakes with fresh milk and coffee. Still we had no internet access, so we just kept on writing on our notebook hoping to be able to upload something soon. Then we had packed and were all sorted to meet the icy cold outdoors. It turned out to be not so bad after all! It wasn't snowing anymore, the wind was blowing the fresh powdery snow about, everything was quiet, white and glittery but the streets were cleared and from then on we had blue skies and warm sun all day! With this beautiful weather we drove further and further down south through white crest forests and in sight of the Virginia hills and Mountains. Our route was the I-81 going south. We were heading no where really, knowing that we weren't going to reach N'Orleans in one day. Stopping here and there for a bit of nosh, a lovely view and a walk.

Country roads, take me home to the place I belong. West Virginia, mountain mama. Take me home, country roads.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

take me home...take me home...
take me home...

to the place I belong...
West Virginia...West Virginia...
West Virginia...

mountain mama country roads take me home!!! actually we don't wanna go home :)
BatteryBattery
Battery

Tastes different...
HuhuHuhu
Huhu

have a break, have a tacco!


Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 19; qc: 77; dbt: 0.0657s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb