Day 5, Vermont Ski Trip


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Vermont » Stowe
January 6th 2009
Published: January 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

January 6th, 2009




Yeah so this morning we discovered that we skied 21 miles yesterday. Which as it turns out is a lot of miles. To say the least we were both feeling a little bit sore. Nothing too bad surprisingly. Luke's calf muscles were feeling tight as were my shins. We woke up slow and ate a big breakfast to get ready for our second day out.


We got onto the mountain around 10:00am and headed up Spruce Peak to get started. We went down a bunch of different blue trails and had a blast! I was getting really fast by lunch time, and Luke was loving that I was making him keep us with me some. There was also a race on the slalom hills that was a lot of fun to watch.


We decided to take a break...so that I could clean up my nose which was running profusely...and we could also get some food. We both thought it was about 11:30...turns out it was 1:00pm...oops! We had some chicken fingers and fries and it was delicious. The lodge at Spruce has great food, although there is no fire place which we were both a bit confused by. What kind of lodge doesn't have a fireplace?!?!


We headed back out to the slopes and got a few more runs in on Spruce and then hopped the gondola over to Mansfield. We took the quad up and went down toll road, which is over 10,000 feet long and has some incredible views. We decided to go for one last run since it was 3:30 already and the lifts stop at 4:00. We went down Mansfield one more time on some faster trails and it was great! No idea how many miles we covered today, but our bodies are telling us it was a lot! It's really good to be outside so much here! We certainly don't get enough of that in Philly.


Even though we were feeling a little worn out today it was an awesome day on the mountain. We had a lot of fun today playing all over the slopes. We're going to check out the lodge's heated pool this evening and grab some eats...should be an overall relaxing night before one more day of skiing!


More to come from our cozy home in Stowe!


Jess & Luke

Advertisement



7th January 2009

Happy trails
I'm so jealous! I'm glad ur having a great time. It sounds like the conditions are great; especially compared to PA conditions. Enjoy yourselves, and soak it all in. Later, Chief

Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0649s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb