Newport, VT


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Vermont » Newport
June 1st 2010
Published: June 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hello there!
Just going to write quick because i don't have much time on the library computer. We're in Newport, taking another day for a break! We went into Quebec the last couple of days, definitely a highlight of our trip but i'll have to give details later. Back in Vermont today and woke up to sprinkling and then full on rain. We tried to paddle across to an actual campsite (didn't stay there last night because it's 25$ a night and didn't want to pay to only be there a few hours). Anyways started paddling and it seemed a bit choppy to paddle safely so i suggested portaging...i suppose either way we would be soaking wet. And we are. We tried getting a ride but all the people in big trucks just flew on by. Now i know picking up hitchhikers might not be the safest thing, but two people pulling a canoe in the pouring rain seem harmless right? Hmm...guess not. Or maybe people just didn't want to get wet. Got into to town and parked the boat in a back alley of the library got a delicious breakfast which lifted the spirits a bit and are now in the library. We're heading to the campground and first we need to find a giant tarp. Oh and if anyone would like to send up a few prayers for us we have to deal with our property management place today. They are saying that we owe them 1500 dollars for damages and all sorts of stuff that was damaged before we even moved in. And that we broke our lease and didn't pay rent. Or at least that's the understanding we need to talk to them. Just hope they will be kind and believe us that we didn't do all that stuff. Ugh, it put a bit of a damper on things the other day when we found out. Ridiculous!! We are now going to avoid property management places altogether and take pictures of places before we rent them!!

Ok i better go!

I'll write more tomorrow or later today!

Thanks for the comments and messages!

Oh Uncle Bob and Vivian we're in Newport VT and heading east on the Clyde river in the next couple of days! We'll try calling sometime today or tomorrow!

Whitny

Advertisement



1st June 2010

Sounds like you're having a great time in Vermont, aside from that property management thing. I've never been to Vermont, even though I live here in the states, but I hear it beautiful and I would like to go. My blog is looking for travel reviews, photos, etc, to share (like maybe of where to camp in Newport, for less than $25!). If you have the time, check it out at dirty-hippies.blogspot.com, or email us at dirtyhippiesblog@gmail.com. Continued fun on your travels! Heather :)
1st June 2010

Been there, too
Dear Whit and Brian, I'm glad to know that you're both doing well and enjoying your adventure. You should keep good notes of everything so you can write a book someday. I know just what you're talking about with the management company. They will do anything to get money even if you fulfilled your end of the deal. You should ALWAYS take pictures BEFORE and AFTER and write down anything that's damaged upon your new rental and have the person from the management company sign that and give them a copy for your records and keep the original. Not fun but I'm sending up my prayers for you, as always. Take care, have tons of fun. I look forward to reading more of your blogs soon. Love, Carla

Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb