Page


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah
October 18th 2016
Published: October 30th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday, October 18 - A good doctor friend has asked to see pics of my allergy, and upon seeing them said "Get thee to a hospital" so I did. We were driving about three hours to Page, Arizona and decided to go once we got there. But, we happened upon a sign for a hospital along the way and decided to stop en route, in a small place called Kayenta. The thinking was that it might be faster in a small place and earlier in the day. It was probably true, but still took about three hours, around lunchtime, so not perfect. I don't think we were on a reservation, but all the other patients seemed to be Native American, so that was pretty cool. And despite bring essentially a small town in the middle of nowhere, the guy who registered us has a house in Germany, and the doctor who saw me has a father from Switzerland. Interesting associations with where we live. In the end, it was random allergy, though on all the swollen parts we could see some sort of rash starting to develop. They gave me a non-drowsy anti-histamine when I asked for it, as well as a steroid. Together, they reduced the swelling within an hour and I stopped looking like so much sausage.

We continued driving to Page, checked into our hotel, and then went for a hike to see the Horseshoe Bend. It was evening, which was definitely the wrong time for pictures here, but it was still cool to see it. So many people though. Afterwards we had pizza for dinner and went shopping at Wal-Mart. Not much of a store I approve of or like, but we hadn't seen any Targets and I wasn't sure if we would, so we took advantage of getting a few things to bring back to Swissland.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb