Return to Arches


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah
July 12th 2011
Published: July 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Our last trip to Arches started well, but ended badly. While Cole was sleeping, Liam and I decided to see Sand Dune and Broken Arches. We did, but then got lost. Liam's one remaining memory of that visit was, "Mom yelled." Of course, I do that a lot, it seems, so it shouldn't be a surprise to him. The tone was a little different, though.

Today we drove from Cedar City to Moab, exchanging one KOA for another. It's been a little dreary much of the day, raining intermittently. There have been some beautiful clouds and only an occasional bright blue sky, a big departure from what we've seen so far.

We focused this trip to Arches on the Devils Garden area, which we didn't manage to see before. We easily walked the Landscape Arch Trail and thought about going forward to see Navajo and Partition Arches, but had a reluctant member and figured it wasn't good for our emotional well-being. On the way back, we found Pine Tree and Tunnel Arches and then called it a day. We are hoping to have enough time tomorrow and whatever the next day is to do a little bit more.

Our final stop, other than a little shopping at Hogan Trading Company, was the Moab Brewery. There was a 2 hour wait when we tried to eat here last time, so we went early enough to not have that problem. It was worth the wait. Jeff had blacken'd tilapia pasta, which he tells me had just enough kick. I had barbequed meat, lots of it, but Cole had the best thing--breaded ravioli. Yummy!

- - - - -

Today, Liam learned that he doesn't like mayo on his Subway sandwich.

I forgot to put a Mike's in the frig. Now I'm stuck with water.

Question/Statement of the Day: "Dad, is that real adobe? I think it's fake dobe." - Cole

Miles: 372

High Temperature: 85, in Moab UT
Low Temperature: 61, in Cedar City UT

Geocaches Found: 8 (would've been more had our less than a year old GPSr not failed)


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Double O Arch?Double O Arch?
Double O Arch?

We were not up to the challenge of walking out to Navajo and Double O Arches, but this would fit the name.
A Touch of GreenA Touch of Green
A Touch of Green

There's really not a lot of green in Utah, so it caught my eye.


Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0209s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb