Rafting the Gorge


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah
August 5th 2007
Published: August 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

August 5, 2007

Today was rafting day. We went to the beach so that the kids could see their new friends again, then off to the dam for rafting. Rafting on the Green River is fairly tame, and the route we rafted only contained level 1 rapids. The entire time on the water was about 3.5 hours. The water was cold but absolutely spectacular, and the Green River runs through red rock cliffs. We could see all kinds of trout in the crystal clear water. Too bad none of the trout were interested in our bait. We floated for a while, then fished, and floated again. There were a few rapids that were somewhat concerning, and we hit a rock that knocked us all on our backs, but all in all the rafting trip was a success. Elise kept calling the rapids the “rabbits”. Even though we teased her, I don’t think she got it. Ethan thought that the rapids were “totally cool”. Simone, once again, was our wildcard. She was interested and then started to ask is we could go back. Then, she discovered that we would let her sing at the top of her lungs. That was a hit, and we heard all kinds of versions of “We are the Champions” that she learned from Ice Age. Next, we all sang “Row, Row, Row your boat” in a round. We also saw a falcon, dive towards the water and pick up a fish and fly away with it. Joe claims that seeing that was a once in a lifetime sight. The whole river trip was a truly memorable experience.

Back to the Flaming Gorge Restaurant, and the awesome brownie Sundae. I think Simone did not breathe until the entire Sundae was finished.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb