The Great, the Beautiful Zion National Park


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Zion National Park
December 1st 2014
Published: June 23rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 37.2012, -112.989

There are two main campgrounds in Zion National Park; South and Watchman both fairly close to each other and the visitor center. We have stayed quite a few times in the South Campground during the summer months but have stayed in the Watchman campground in the fall and winter for the simple reason that you have electricity and this allows us to run our electric heat. Also after December 1, it is first come first served and so there are more sites available. Before that people can reserve a site and so that is why the South Campground is more accessible for camping. Because we have a Senior Pass, camping rates are only $9.00 so you can't beat that for a bargain.

Had a nice breakfast and enjoyed the view and then put our bikes together for a ride to find where the showers were. There are supposed to be a couple of places in Springdale but one was closed and the other promised to call us back. We found the place right beyond the entrance to the park but the store where you were to buy your tokens was closed. Went into the grocery store next door and they told us they sold the tokens and so we now knew where to get a shower.

Checked out the brew pub that was next door and were assured they had wine and so we thought we might return there for dinner. Biked up the hill to the Soleil and enjoyed ourselves a nice brunch and coffee and did some blogging. We had biked along the Virgin River through the campground and then up the hill to Soleil so it was a short but nice workout.

Came back and took our showers and back to the campsite to put our things away and then decided to walk back over to the Brew pub for dinner. It was a nice brisk evening and had a nice dinner and enjoyed visiting with the lady running the bar and restaurant.




Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.233s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0972s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb