Last Day in Zion


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Zion National Park
September 21st 2008
Published: November 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Early Morning in ZionEarly Morning in ZionEarly Morning in Zion

The Towers of The Virgin
This morning was our last morning here in Zion. With nothing really planned today, we just slept in and took our time dismantling our campsite. Prior to leaving, we decided to do one last hike. Since we didn't want to get a late start on the road, we picked a rather easy trail. We picked Weeping Rock Trail which is a very short trail making it quite a popular trail. The trail wasn't very steep however 2 days of relatively strenuous hiking had caught up to us. This trail was nothing compared to The Virgin Narrows and Angel's Landing. However, we just weren't able to muster the energy for this. It was at this moment that I realized that I was on hiking overkill and was so done with Zion. But I held on, eventually making it to the Weeping Rock Alcove. The trail went underneath the alcove and water was dripping down the side of it. This created much cooler conditions as well as it being rather misty. The trail got rather slippery as it was not only wet but covered in slick moss. This abundance of moisture created lush hanging gardens around the alcove but having had enough of hiking, I couldn't really enjoy this easy hike. Also, the crowds made it worse. So having seen the Weeping Rock, we just decided to call it a trip and headed home. It was a long drive back home. We stopped for lunch in St. George, drove through Vegas, and finally arrived home at around 10pm.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0225s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb