Zion National Park


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Zion National Park
November 4th 2006
Published: January 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

View from the roadView from the roadView from the road

Zion National Park
Leaving Vegas was almost a relief. We headed out on the concrete highway on route to the north rim of the grand canyon. After lengthy consultation we decided to go to Zion national park instead for the night. We arrived with enough time to check it out a bit. We drove up the scenic road and hiked to the upper pools and also viewed the weeping wall.
Zion was much more spectacular that I first imagined, I thought it might be much like Yosemite, but the rock formations were different, trees were different also. Again we ran out of daylight to explore this amazing national park which was a real pity.
After exploring we decided we could brave camping for the night. We only just found a site at the camping ground. It is autumn here and the temperature is hovering around 0 at nights. But that didn’t stop everybody camping out.
There was a talented banjo and harmonica player nearby which provided entertainment during dinner.
We had met some professional photographers earlier in the day and they had informed us of a photography showing at the art gallery in town so we cruised over to check it out.
There were amazing photographs of Zion and other national parks around the USA. These guys used old original wooden box camera’s and did their own processing in their dark rooms. Nothing digital. The colours were amazing, real strong and vivid. So basically the more light that you can get into the camera the better the colours.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Vertical Rock faceVertical Rock face
Vertical Rock face

Goes up a long way. Good for repelling or rock climbing if your into that kind of stuff.
The weeping wallThe weeping wall
The weeping wall

Naomi stands under the weeping wall observing the water seeping out from the rock, hence its called the weeping wall.
Bambi!!Bambi!!
Bambi!!

No wait I think he's growing antlers.


Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0456s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb