2014 09 16 Day 15


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Washington
September 16th 2014
Published: September 20th 2014
Edit Blog Post

2014 09 16 Day 15



When we discovered that the temperature was going to be 100 degrees today, we decided to get to Zion early and see what we could see before it got too hot. We ate breakfast in the motel and drove to Zion.



The scenic road in Zion is closed to traffic, you have to take a shuttle (free) provided by the National Park Service. The shuttle stops at nine locations along the route and you can get off and on as often as you like.



There are a lot of hiking trails in Zion. We got off at a stop that had what was described as an easy hiking trail to Emerald pond. As we started up the trail I was having trouble breathing. Chris became dizzy about a quarter of a mile into the trail so we turned around and went back. We realized that the altitude and heat would prevent us from any hiking at all.



We got off at most of the stops and took a lot of pictures. Zion is very beautiful. By noon the heat was becoming unbearable, so we went back to the motel and put together a picnic lunch from our abundant supply of food we had accumulated. (a few times on this trip we went into grocery stores while we were hungry). We hung out in the motel for a couple of hours and then went to dinner at a Japanese Steakhouse.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0513s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb