Salt Lake Mormon


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Salt Lake City
October 30th 2011
Published: October 31st 2011
Edit Blog Post

While not my first choice for a mid-autumn vacation, a quick trip to Salt Lake City proved to be just what I need. Some time away from it all, hanging out with encouraging friends (new and old), fresh air, beautiful sites, and a bit of wonderment at the life of those living in the great state of Utah.

We spent many moments throughout the weekend on Wikipedia answering questions and learning about Mormon's (60% of Utah is Mormon!!), Utah's drinking laws, the stomping grounds of the Olympics, were we really not allowed in the Tabernacle?


With a rental car as carriage, we ventured in and out of town, to Park City, Snow Bird, up in the hills, to several breweries that were not only unexpected but impressive.

It was a much need to time to vent about school frustrations to respected colleagues, spread out in the hotel room and hog all the pillows. While I'm not sure that I will be heading back anytime soon, it was the right place to be at this time.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

New FriendsNew Friends
New Friends

John befriended a Mormon and was gifted before leaving.
Park CityPark City
Park City

Home of the 2002 Winter Olympics, I think?


2nd December 2011

adventures
I didn't want to disappoint so....as adventures go, this one I am sure held suprises. We always think the ones that we planned are the best but here's to hoping for you that the one that was unplanned becomes the catalyst for the happiness that you deserve. Love you

Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0786s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb