Day 6 - Torrey, UT - Provo, UT


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Provo
August 11th 2011
Published: August 12th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Day 6


We left at 7am and decided that we did not want to be in the car for so long today and canceled our plans for Colorado and are headed back north. Our first stop this morning was Capital Reef National Park. I think that this is my favorite national park that I have seen. Dramatic rock landscape with canyons of lush orchards and rivers. We were able to pick our own apple and peaches to eat later today and tomorrow. There is so much history in these parks with the Mormon settlers. They came into these areas and brought necessities to turn this barren area into a lush livable space with the help of the church. There have been a lot of European travelers everywhere we go. We have never seen this before. We would normally see a few European travelers but nothing on this scale. I am not sure if it is because we are in some larger parks, but we have been in large parks before and have never seen this.
After we had our fill of the park, we decided to head north. We had done 515 miles the previous day and just wanted to make a shorter day out of today. We made it to Provo and there was ton of a road construction. We missed our exit and it took us an additional 30minutes just to find our hotel. We are now sitting by the pool having our nightly Corona, soaking in the sun and waiting to go to dinner later. Tomorrow we are headed for Elko Nevada via the Great Salt Lake. The kids are excited to get to Elko so they can swim and we are excited to go so we can do a little gambling. Oh what joys this road construction will bring tomorrow, who knows!



Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 31; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb