Day of Driving... Literally


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Provo
March 17th 2007
Published: March 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Drive to BYU


Well, so much for the drive to Utah taking only 18 hours... we were in the car for roughly 25 hours. Granted, we stopped for breaks and a bit of sleep, but there was no way anyone could make that trip in less than 20 hours. However... it's worth it. We first saw mountains about 20 miles (give or take a little) once we were in Wyoming, which is the most desolate place I can imagine in the United States. We were hard up to find even a restaurant to eat at along I-80 (I can't imagine what it'd be like away from an interstate). Can't say I'll be hankering to live there anytime soon, though the terrain does make it interesting to drive though. The best part, both due to the close proximity of our destination and the landscape, was Utah. The state is gorgeous. It seems as you cross the WY-UT border you really feel like you're in the mountains instead of on the fringe. We finally got to Provo and couldn't have been more thrilled to not be driving. We picked up our tickets for Vegas, showered, ate, and then pretty much passed out. All I can say is as much as I love the road, it's good to be at least at our first stop. Spring break is here!

Visited US States Map




Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.171s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 29; qc: 123; dbt: 0.1118s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb