Day 5 - Packing, Shopping, and Dinner with Friends


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Orem
April 25th 2013
Published: April 25th 2013
Edit Blog Post

No pictures to go along with today. We started the morning by getting most of Scott's stuff packed up. We then killed time getting gas and the car washed while Scott played piano for a girl's singing final.

After that, the massive mission shopping trip began. Wow, I didn't realize how much it cost to outfit a missionary. Because he will be walking a ton and he has always had problems with wearing cheap tennis shoes, we spent the most of getting him really good shoes. It was amazing how much we were able to accomplish in a single day.

For dinner, we were joined by Dublin friends Patria, Matthew, and Hannah. Unfortunately, we couldn't reach Sarah and she missed dinner. It was a lot of fun to see old friends and spend time with them. We had also brought some stuff for their family with us, and we were able to give it to them to make room for all of Scott's stuff in the van.

We loved the roomy Towneplace Suites room in Orem. It is a little out of the way, but it was nice and quiet. It had the nicest breakfast that I have seen at at TownePlace, almost as good as a Residence Inn breakfast.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb