Day 16-19 - White Water Rafting


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Moab
June 13th 2014
Published: June 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 38.5733, -109.549

We just finished 4 amazing days and nights rafting about 95 miles of the Colorado River through Cataract Canyon. We slept each night on cots under the stars.....incredible. The water was extremely high because of the snow melt so the rapids were pretty awesome...Class 4 and 5. And, there was a stretch of rapids that lasted a mile that was pretty intense. I don't have any shots of running the rapids but hope to have some soon.

At the conclusion of the rafting trip, we were supposed to take 3-5 passenger Cessna planes back to Moab, but it was too windy to land on the small airstrip (Friday the 13th). So, we had to take a 3 hour bus trip in a less than air conditioned bus to get back to Moab.....all part of the adventure.

We are staying in a really cool western lodge along the banks of the Colorado River tonight and tomorrow. It felt great to get a shower since we have been bathing in the frigid river for the last 3 nights, and using a flushing toilet.

Horseback riding tomorrow morning and Hummer trek tomorrow evening.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0194s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb