My favourite state in America is... Utah! : )


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Moab
July 18th 2010
Published: October 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Green River Lookout...Green River Lookout...Green River Lookout...

... my favourite place in the World!
From Jackson Hole, we stopped off at Dairy Queen (Mmmmm!!) before setting off on an all-day drive through the south of Wyoming, into Utah at Salt Lake City and continuing onwards to Price, Utah. From there, it was a short drive after breakfast the next day to our base for the next few nights in the outdoor Mecah that is Moab. This is where we temporarily shadowed the trip Trung and I made in '07 and somewhere I've been dying to return to. The dusty panoramic landscapes of Canyonlands National Park (setting of the recent Danny Boyle film 127 Hours) and Arches NP next door are among the best places I've ever been and definitely worth a second look. The town of Moab is small by American standards but alive with energy and teeming with motels, bars and countless Outdoor Adventure specialists. The perfect base camp for excursions into either Arches National Park and Canyonlands National Park, Moab is for many Americans (and International visitors alike) THE place to go to get outdoors and gawp in awe at the amazing beauty this vast land has to offer.


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Vapour trail over CanyonlandsVapour trail over Canyonlands
Vapour trail over Canyonlands

Not sure what made this, couldnt see any planes!
Best Snow on Earth!Best Snow on Earth!
Best Snow on Earth!

If your there in the right season!


15th October 2011

Nice.
Nice one steve. I'm glad you've kept the old blog up and I continue to be a subscriber. Always check out your foties and new posts on it....... Skilllzzzz improving dude. Looks like it was as I always thought... we just scratched the surface the first time... so much more to see. keep it truckin, bro. PS. By the way, I'm pretty sure the first trip was '07 and not '97. we'd have just started uni then... we're not THAT old ???

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0266s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb