Moab in the Heat


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Moab
July 12th 2020
Published: July 13th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Sunday, 12 July, 2020



Yesterday morning we were getting ready to leave Stillwater campground when all our electrical systems in the camper quit. No lights, no water pump, no refrigerator. We were less than pleased, but decided we would find an RV place on the way to Moab, though I had my doubts about finding one open on a Saturday. Lucky for us Centennial RV in Grand Junction not only had a service department that was open, but Kevin, the man we spoke with, knew right away what was causing our problems. It was a blown 40 amp fuse in the truck that was preventing the camper battery from charging. Kevin replaced the fuse and had us on the road in no time, and in spite of the 100 degree temps, didn’t charge us anything. What a relief!



We arrived in Moab to a temperature of 104 and immediately turned on the a/c which we ran all night. Kerry made a trip to the grocery and Timmy and I played a little Skip-Bo. After a late supper we all were glad to turn in after an emotional day.



Today we started our adventures with a trip to Arches National Park. The rock formations and colors are awesome. Timmy loved it, especially since he got to climb some rocks.



After lunch we headed to Canyonlands National Park which is also beautiful. Timmy took some pictures and loved the diversity.



Tonight showers, laundry and another late supper. We are all ready for bed, exhausted from the heat (up to 106) and the walking and climbing.



More later...


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Canyonlands National ParkCanyonlands National Park
Canyonlands National Park

Timmy took this picture
Canyonlands National ParkCanyonlands National Park
Canyonlands National Park

Timmy took this one
Double rainbowDouble rainbow
Double rainbow

Timmy took this picture at the campground
RainbowRainbow
Rainbow

Another shot by Timmy


13th July 2020
Rainbow

Just Wow!
What an awesome God we have! Glad your repair was something so simple.
13th July 2020

photos
BEAUTIFUL PICTURES!!!! HOPE YOU ARE ALL HAVING A FANTASTIC TIME!!!!! LOVE!!!
13th July 2020

Moab in the Heat!
Love the pictures of Cary and Timmy. So glad y’all were able to get your fuse fixed! Wouldn’t want to be near that heat without A/C. . Stage safe and have a great time. Y’all inspired us to follow in your footsteps!
14th July 2020

We will be visiting Arches and Canyonlands in 2 weeks with our 9 yr old grandson.
I hope the temperatures are cooler!
16th July 2020

Beautiful
Thanks for sharing your adventures!! I had one myself Momday morning, we were walking Lucy and I tripped on uneven sidewalk and down I went Long story short 3 breaks top of humerus, surgery 7/21. Oh and of course it's my left arm!!!
19th July 2020

Arches
The pictures Timmy took were wonderful, well, the rainbow anyway. Wow, Skip said it was “hot” out west, guess he was right!!!

Tot: 0.363s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 21; qc: 75; dbt: 0.2275s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb