Amasa Back


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Moab
November 22nd 2017
Published: November 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Amasa BackAmasa BackAmasa Back

Base jumping, one on his way and a dozen others waiting their turn.
Whilst waiting for bike parts from the UK, which are scheduled to be delivered today, we have filled the days with some spectacular hikes around Moab. Yesterday we arrived at the parking lot for the Amasa Back trail and were treated to a display of Base Jumping, a very popular sport along the shear cliffs of the Colorado river canyon. We watched in awe as, one after the other, they launched themselves off the cliff for a 30 second flight into the valley. "It takes about one hour to hike to the jumping site" explained a young man packing his chute after his jump.

The cliff-hanger hike took us past Jackson Hole (Not), a butte surrounded by an abandoned meander, and I discovered how to take panoramas with my phone. The return trip to the parking lot via Jackson's Trail afforded great panoramas of the Colorado river are it meanders around Poison Spider, another popular bike and ATV playground. The vista are so expansive only panoramas, shown as the header to this post, do them any justice.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Cliff hanger trailCliff hanger trail
Cliff hanger trail

Potash mine in the distance
jackson's trailjackson's trail
jackson's trail

Great vistas of the Colorado River


Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1021.8kb