Henry V


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Cedar City
June 28th 2016
Published: June 29th 2016
Edit Blog Post

28 Jun 2016: Ahhhhhhhh! It is only 88 degrees here at 1345 and we have just experienced a brief, light rain shower with the prospect of more to come. It was so enjoyable to sit outside under the awningthatstillworks and feel the cool moist breeze flow around my parched skin. It got a little too breezy for the awning to stay up so I retreated inside. Now the breeze has subsided so I may go out again. Our big events today are dinner and the play, so our activities don't usually pick up until noon at the earliest. I will grill some chicken or Hot Dogs unless it looks like rain in which case we'll eat out. We always have a plan B, even if plan B is to do nothing. I've included a photo of our "rig" (that's what a lot of people call RVs, their own or others').

We drove around town and found a Cafe Rio so decided to stop in to eat there. ThenWe visited the LDS Temple being constructed in Cedar City. It sits on top of a hill where it can be seen fromI-15 if you are heading South. It is going to be so beautiful when it is finished.

Tonight's performance is Henry V, which we have seen before up here.

O, for a muse of fire that would ascend

the brightest heaven of invention!

A kingdom for a stage, princes to act,

And monarchs to behold the swelling scene.

Henry V prologue, 1-4.



The play was very enjoyable. This was the first performance of the season and there was a glitch when a banner failed to drop to the stage. The audience cheered the stage hands on as one of their members ascended up into the higher reaches of the stage to free it from captivity. Brian Vaughn, the director came out to apologize and explain the situation. More cheers. Everybody loves Brian Vaughn and David Ivers, who both are artistic directors with the company.

Advertisement



30th June 2016

Cedar City
I'm glad to hear you made it out of town. Two flat tires? I would have said that's impossible. Your accomplished the impossible already! Love reading the blog. Keep posting and I hope your future adventures are a little more planned.
3rd July 2016

Ha!
You should have jumped on stage to help free the banner since you're an expert at deploying the awning! Glad to see you're having a great time, be safe!

Tot: 0.201s; Tpl: 0.039s; cc: 10; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb