Much Ado About Nothing


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Cedar City
June 28th 2016
Published: June 28th 2016
Edit Blog Post

27 Jun 2016: Our first full day in Cedar City. In the morning I repaired the awning without breaking anything and impressed one of our neighbors in the process. He had seen me working on it and came over to see if he could help. Once apprised of the situation however, he admitted he had nothing to contribute other than to relay an experience with an unrelated problem he had that caused a "big problem". Actually, all that was needed was to free the clip on the side of the awning that held the inner strut to the outer arm. Once it was freed, the awning could be deployed. Usually all you have to do is pinch it and it is freed but that didn't work. When my friend across the way saw that the awning was coming down he came over to see how I had done it. It is always nice to be able to fix something when others cannot.

After some minor housekeeping I took a nap. At 1800, I awoke and we got ready to go to the theater to see our first play, "Much Ado About Nothing". The title contains a play on words inasmuch as in Shakespeare's day, the word "noting" which sounded like "nothing" meant an act of gossip or defamation of character. There were two parallel acts thus described; one in which Benedick and Beatrice are tricked into thinking they are each in love with each other and the other in which the villainous Don John plots to prevent the marriage of Claudio and Hero by falsely attacking her honor. Without this distinction between "noting" and "nothing" the title is misleading. It was a wonderful performance and the actors who played Benedick and Beatrice were superb.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.198s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.087s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb