Camping in Cedar Canyon, Utah


Advertisement
Published: June 5th 2015
Edit Blog Post


The Joys of Camping



For three days and two nights we enjoyed the cool air of Utah’s Cedar Breaks National Monument. We picked this area of Utah for a couple reasons. First, the weather. Escaping Las Vegas’ weekend high of 104 degrees for the cool mountain air and near-freezing temps at night was probably one of our best ideas ever. In fact, the weekend before, the whole area was blanketed in snow. Second, Cedar Breaks isn’t the most popular spot in southwestern Utah to visit, so we weren’t going to have to fight the massive crowds that congregate at Zion or Bryce Canyon. Our campsite at Cedar Canyon Campground was fantastic, with lots of trees, no direct neighbors, and a little stream at the back of the campsite. It was a completely relaxing weekend. The trails were still too snowy and muddy to be safe, so we enjoyed the scenery and played plenty of card games. On an expedition into town, we stopped at a local museum and toured all sorts of keepsakes from the old homestead days. This spot is definitely going on the list of places to return to! We stopped at the Zion Kolob canyon on the way home, which was a nice little scenic drive.


Additional photos below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 17; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb