Roadtrip SW USA...Flying with ravens through Canyonlands and Arches


Advertisement
Published: April 27th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Roadtrip SW USA...Flying with ravens through Canyonlands and Arches. It's that raven again...the one that surfed the updraughts at Monument Valley...he's following us North...squarking we've seen nothing yet...mocking the best views are from up here...cawing you know I'm right fella. So we tried to book a helicopter...but no joy flights in off-season around here. So we continued North yelling l... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 74, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




27th April 2015

WOW If anyone could pull this off..you two could.
This blog blew me away - your determination to fly..how awesome. Great music to listen to while I read. I love Den's weapon of choice btw lol.
27th April 2015

WOW If anyone could pull this off..you two could.
Much appreciated Cindy. We know you share an adventurous spirit. We did not have Canyonlands and Arches on our radar but a guy telling us the dangers of the alternate road to Goblin and nowhere to stay directed us to Moab. The joy of winging it...'cause we can...blew us away!
27th April 2015

Persistence
The awe of the canyons....and the wonder of those photos. What a great story.....love the fact that you didn't give up easy on what you wanted. George looks like a happy man. Flying with the Ravens!
27th April 2015

Persistence
Rocking on MJ & DD...easy when you know how! If we had taken up the lottery win for the Wave we would never had flown with the ravens, nor spent so much time in Monument or Antelope. We would have missed the awe of the canyons... would have just driven or raced by. I reckon it's now obvious why we feel oh so lucky!
28th April 2015

I want to be on the road again
Canned Heat - On the Road Again, perfect paring... I do in fact want to be on the road again after reading this blog. The panorama photos are amazing.
28th April 2015

I want to be on the road again
Fabulous music to highlight a fabulous roadtrip with panoramas that we couldn't have imagined if we hadn't lived them. And we are not finished yet. You want to be on the road again? You drive Denise and I'll be in charge of changing the music...seems to work brilliantly for us!
28th April 2015

canyons and arches
wow! that's one hell of a flight! we had to do it by RV! keep on truck in'. david
28th April 2015

Canyons and Arches
Thanks for commenting David. We had so many telling us winter was the wrong time to travel through the South West...but for us it was the best time for so many reasons. The photos best tell their own story. We have flown over some awesome places in the World in helicopters, balloons and small planes...but none held a candle to Canyonlands and Arches...and we reckon it was 'cause it was in winter. No better place...no better time! We have got to return...maybe next time in an RV...but only if its not winter!
28th April 2015

Amazing pictures!!!
I've never seen Arches and Canyonlands from this angle before. Flying over them was truly inspirational!
28th April 2015

Amazing pictures!!!
Thanks for your comment Bob. You can see why we were raving about our South-West Roadtrip. The blogs are getting closer to your place!
29th April 2015
and firey sunsets

Make it simple for me this time
Pick this as my fav photo this time. Not very spectacular choice but I have a soft spot for sunsets/Ake
29th April 2015
and firey sunsets

Make it simple for me this time
Since when do you do simple Ake? The search for spectacular sunsets in SW USA was dictated by time but I agree this evening's was a good one. Spectacular everything else was fortuitously easy for the eye to see.
30th April 2015

Couldn't let that raven...
...have all the fun, could you? Joey and George look that they were a blast as well. Awesome pictures! Especially the fiery sunset. Can't wait to see where you two end up next. The adventure continues...
30th April 2015

Couldn't let that raven...
In Oz we'd call it a crow...wouldn't trust it at all. But when it leads us to such wonders ...wow! Sad this roadtrip is approaching it's end...its been sensational. But knowing it's a warmup for what is ahead...if the entre can be this good...really excited about main course. And then there's dessert!!! Thanks for joining the ride.
2nd May 2015
Road to Bluff

Beautiful colors
On the road again
3rd May 2015

Flying high.
How wonderful to see Arches and Canyonlands from the air... I did some hikes there and it was jaw-dropping. I am am just catching up,on reading your blogs and they are of special note to me as info for my September trip. Thanks .
4th May 2015

Flying high.
I reckon you get the idea Lynne I cannot recommend the flight over Canyonlands and Arches with George from Redtail Aviation enough. Far far exceeded our expectations.
5th May 2015
and firey sunsets

The experience of a lifetime!
Getting to fly with the raven across such a landscape. I can understand your need to pinch yourself, because surely such a thing must be a dream! That is indeed the experience of a lifetime!
5th May 2015
and firey sunsets

The experience of a lifetime!
Just shows my friend that sometimes the best things happen on a disparate thought at the last minute...guess that's serendipity our travel companion again coming to the fore...so glad it joined us for the ride!

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 19; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0555s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb