Homeward Bound and Still Having Fun


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Beaver
April 21st 2016
Published: April 23rd 2016
Edit Blog Post

April 21:

We started our day early. Me at 5:30 am and Jan at 6:00 am. We had bedding to pack and I needed to do lots of outside chores to secure the adobe. Even with our early start it took quite a bit of time to make sure all was settled in its place and good for the next 11 months. Feels really good to have the roof on the living area (walls were up on this addition last year), and a new utility room. Next year no major projects needed. We took photos of us on our property and headed to Canyon Café to have breakfast, and said good bye to Susan, our waitress who said she will miss us.

We headed to the Valley of Fire, beautiful red Rock landscape, all intricately carved out by time. It was nearly 100 degrees. We saw the ‘beehive’, an arch, petrified wood and rainbow rock. We climbed up high flights of metal stairs fixed to the rock face and looked at the petroglyphs. The metal stairs ran along ancient carved stairs in the stone wall.

We drove to Mesquite to Virgin River Casino for our traditional ham steak dinner. We stopped at St. George for ice cream at Baskin-Robbins., then off to Beaver, Utah to our hotel. A nice dip in the pool, and hot tub.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0781s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb