Arches National Park for the Second time.


Advertisement
Published: October 6th 2015
Edit Blog Post

I hope it doesn't get too boring seeing more pictures of Arches but it's a few years since I was here and I am still awed by the grandeur and for Suzanne this is her first time here.

Over the past couple of years the number of visitors to Arches has greatly increased and they are having some probless with the traffic in the park ... It is really too vast for a shuttle system they say but they are working on solutions. Anyway it was a surprise to find a long queue of cars just waiting to get into the park but after about 15 mins we were in and once we got driving around we were lucky to find a parking space at each of the points where we wanted to take a hike. This was a very hot day 95 deg F and even a short hike to one of the Arches was quite an effort and we already discounted doing the longer trail over the slick rock and along the narrow ledges to the overlook at Delicate Arch ... I had done this one previously with Pat in spring and didn't really fancy doing it in this higher temperature so we settled for the lower viewpoint. It is all so stunning and it isn't until you are standing under the arch within the window that you can really grasp how BIG they are. We spent all day here and then to Moab to our motel where we had two nights , so felt we had a bit of slack . Lots of restaurants here in Moab- Zax and Spoke for dinner - Love Muffin and Jailhouse Cafe for great breakfasts ... Try the eggs benedict with chorizo .. That sets you up for the day ! !


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



7th October 2015
image.

Hangin'
It might be hot but unforgettable images make it worthwhile I reckon. But when considering the heat I'm happy it's you not me...yet maybe I'm not!!!
8th October 2015
image.

Last day
Thanks for for comments Dave, it's been an amazing trip and to spend this time with my daughter (she lives in Dubai so I don't see her often) has been wonderful . Spending last day in Denver Downtown , it's looking good for a last day with a city tour planned for later today.
10th October 2015

Stunning beauty!
You've captured the essence of this area with your camera. Just lovely

Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0874s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb