Day 6: Arches National Park, Four Corners Monument, and drive back to Phoenix


Advertisement
Published: March 17th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Day 6 started with waffles and juice at the Super 8 and continued with a short 3 minute drive to Arches National Park. Upon entrance to the park we stopped at the store and bought t-shirts, bags, etc. We continued on to see Balanced Rock, Delicate Arch, and the Windows. We were running short on time so we had to shorten our trip. We did get some amazing pictures. Since we were running short on time, we did not go on the 3 mile hike to the Delicate Arch, we photographed it from the upper and lower viewpoints. It was worth the hike to get a picture of it. From there we drove on to the Navajo Indian Reservation in Teec Nos Pos. This is where the Four Corners Monument stands. It is where Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, and Colorado all meet. We paid $5 to get in and got out to take our pictures on the point where all four states touch. There were also kiosks where the Native Americans sold homemade trinkets. I got a t-shirt. They also sold tacos and frybread, but we had just eaten, so we did not try any. After that, we started our long drive back to Phoenix. We did not get there until 10:30pm! We still had time but our flight was at 1:00am.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb