ARCHES NATIONAL PARK NEAR MOAB, UTAH


Advertisement
Published: May 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

May 10th, Thursday (continued)





The Arches National Park is a park not to be missed!! We wonder how many people drive Interstate 70 and not bother to go a little over 20 miles south to see these spectacular views.

This park contains the largest concentration of natural stone arches in the world---more than 2,500. To be labeled an arch the hole must have an opening of at least three feet long in any one direction. We drove through the park and saw balanced rock and those arches that you didn’t have to hike a long ways to see. The campground here, at Arches, is situated on a ridge with an absolutely glorious view—unfortunately, it was full.

After touring this park, we drove 6 miles south of Moab to Ken’s Lake, a BLM campground on a small reservoir. We were really surprised to find a waterfall nearby in this arid land. Guess it is the source of the water in the “lake.” Found a camp spot as shady as possible. We paid our $6 fee by inserting it in the envelope provided and dropping it into the slot in the post/box.


Friday, May

11th



73 degrees at 10:30 and starting mileage 25502

We drove south down highway 191 to the town of Monticello and decided to stay at the Mt. View RV Park. $24.95 for full hook-up including cable TV. They had a small laundry room full of home size washers and dryers and charged a $1 per load to wash and the same to dry. Such a deal!!!--- and it was past time to clean up—clothes and inside Rosie. Worked on the blog and sent some entries out. Sky began to look like really heavy rain storm but, only 6 drops fell on us-we counted them as we ran back from the laundry room.


Saturday, May 12th





Decided to stay another day here in this spot. Rosie was backed into a huge sweet smelling lilac in full bloom. Did more laundry today. Saw a mountain bluebird in the field next to the RV Park. A gold statue of Moroni could be seen on the top of the Mormon Temple in town from our spot.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



21st May 2012
512-94 Park  Avenue

GREAT PIC
Keep them coming

Tot: 0.762s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 19; qc: 50; dbt: 0.3945s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb