Back At It in San Antonio


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas
September 19th 2012
Published: September 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Nothing can hold us back.....even complete & utter exhaustion. We slept in until 9:00 A.M. which is not our usual unless we are completely worn out...which we were. I think we tried to do too much in one day yesterday. We did some housekeeping chores around the RV this morning and then headed out, all rejuvenated. We ate lunch "on the train" at the Spagetti Warehouse....a great place to eat. The tower in the sky was our next beacon...it is called the Tower of the Americas...."The Hemisfair" and is 750 feet high. Anyone who is scared of heights should not go up this tower. I'm not, but it actually made me feel a little shakey peering out from the fantastic, slanted, outer rim vantage point. What A View!! Fantastic. I think I could see all of you in your homes!!! Still feeling strong, we ventured onward toward a beautiful German Catholic Church..it was locked so what does that tell you. Instead, we went to a quaint Five & Dime, followed by drinks at Pat O'Brien's. Really ready and strong now, back to the Riverwalk we went. Relaxed along the river at a nice Mexican Cafe with Juan as our waiter. He and Lulu hit it off great. Daytime had become night-time so we headed back to the car....parked back near the Hemisfair....about 100 miles away. Dragging and crawling, we made it to the bright beacon in the sky. Our wristband from earlier still allowed us to go back up the tower to see the city at night. WOW.....breath-taking....just like we were in an airplane coming in for a landing....Absolutely gorgeous.....unless you don't like heights. We slithered along the sidewalk into the RV and collapsed again...completely & utterly exhausted! We are leaving in the morning - when we get up, whenever that maybe. Heading to Dallas for our next destination. We shall finally find out "who shot J.R.". I missed that episode.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Ape & PatApe & Pat
Ape & Pat

Found in Convention Center & Pat O'Brien's
RiverwalkRiverwalk
Riverwalk

Lulu's boyfriends- she liked Juan best


19th September 2012
Riverwalk

I just love your stories. With everything going on in my life right now, they bring a smile to my face. Thanks guys!!! They r great stories and pictures!! See you soon!! Miss You!!!
19th September 2012
Riverwalk

Thinking of You
Sorry you are dealing with difficult times...we are thinking of you, Judy....take it one day at a time

Tot: 0.342s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.2428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb