Brazos Bend State Park, Needville, Texas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas
February 24th 2023
Published: March 17th 2023
Edit Blog Post

About one hour drive south of Houston is a State Park that is busting at the seams with wildlife. We really wanted to get out to enjoy the 80 degree February weather, picnic, do some walking and taking pictures. We visited Brazos Bend a week prior but got hungry and tired early. Without an understanding of how big the park was we were not prepared. A week later we returned with a cooler packed, Advil in my system, and my camera charged up. The most popular trail with the most abundant wildlife is the trail that takes people to the watch tower. It is a few miles of walking to get around each pond and very well worth the efforts. Alligators line the paths and sulk in the deep black waters, roseate spoonbilled birds show off their bright pink colors against the green foliage, and more waterfowl than a person can count. Hundreds of migrating birds come to this location, laying eggs for springtime hatchlings, and it attracts many bird watchers. The park is big enough that people are spaced out and the the wildlife didn't seem to be distracted by our presence.

Again I must apologize for the quality
Brazos Bend State ParkBrazos Bend State ParkBrazos Bend State Park

Alligators galore! As the temperatures rise so does the viewing opportunities to see the alligators. The float to the top of the water or climb on the river banks to soak up the sun.
of photos, I can only post pictures I took with my phone. I did take my Canon camera and captured many beautiful shots. I am looking forward to returning home to print some enlarged photos and of course paint some too.

Adventure is worthwhile in itself.

Michelle


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

American White IbisAmerican White Ibis
American White Ibis

Watching this bird is hypnotizing as it blindly pokes it's long curved beak into the muddy waters in search of food.
Red CardinalRed Cardinal
Red Cardinal

Texas year round resident.


17th March 2023

photos
nothing wrong with your photos but i was begging to wonder if you were even coming back!!

Tot: 0.251s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.1099s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb