Homeward Bound


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Terrell
November 27th 2011
Published: November 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Mt. ShastaMt. ShastaMt. Shasta

From the side of I-5.
Hello from Texas. My how time has flown. This has been a great trip, even though I wasn't able to post as often as I wanted to. One would think internet accessablility would get better each year, but I seemed to always have challenges at the campgrounds. Combine that with some long days and the result - blogs few and far between.

Even though I didn't get photos of Mt. Ranier and Mt. Hood, I saw both of them along with Mt. Shasta while driving from Seattle to Napa.

As was the case most of the trip, I wish I could have spent more time at each location. Napa was a lot of fun and I got to shoot with photography friends from the Bay area while in Napa.

They also came down to shoot with me in Yosemite. If you have not been to Yosemite NP, PLEASE add it to your 'bucket list'. It is breathtaking. I can't wait to visiti there again.

Didn't really get to do as much as I hoped while in Vegas. Decided after almost 2 months on the road, I was ready to head home, so I started eastbound on Thanksgiving
Napa VineyardsNapa VineyardsNapa Vineyards

Along Silverado Trail as fog was burning off.
Day.

I'm in Texas and should be home Wednesday evening. Enjoy a few images from the final section of my trip. Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. Wishing you all a Blessed Christmas and prosperous New Year.

Bruce and Chessy.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

El CapitanEl Capitan
El Capitan

This was the spectacular view I encountered my first evening in Yosemite. I pulled over and captured this shot just before sunset. It was breathtaking.
Yosemite FallsYosemite Falls
Yosemite Falls

Can't wait to be in Yosemite in late spring and see lots of water in the falls from the melting snow. I took many more iPhone images while in Yosemite than I did with my 'big boy' camera.
Half DomeHalf Dome
Half Dome

From the Sentinel Bridge at sunset.
Yosemite ChapelYosemite Chapel
Yosemite Chapel

After taking this montage, I went inside and met the pastor and his wife. This was on my last afternoon there. Lots of fog and low clouds, but still managed to get a few nice shots.
Fremont CasinoFremont Casino
Fremont Casino

This is a sign from the 'downtown' area of Vegas. You can see the arch of the Fremont Experience in the background.
Restored Neon SignsRestored Neon Signs
Restored Neon Signs

On Fremont Street. I wasn't able to visit the Neon Boneyard. I will definitely work to see the boneyard next time I'm in Vegas.
Basilica of San AlbinoBasilica of San Albino
Basilica of San Albino

This church is located on the historic Mesilla Plaza just south of Las Cruces, NM.


Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.072s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb